This online grant writing course teaches the importance of strategic grant writing that focuses on aligning the mission and needs of the nonprofit with its funding sources: foundations, individual donors, government agencies and corporations. You'll learn why grant writing should be a key part of an organization's fundraising strategy and how to integrate both capital and endowment grants into your fundraising efforts. You'll also learn how to use grant writing best practices and the six stages of grant writing. The online grant writing course includes case studies to illustrate the concepts and processes.
- Nonprofit Needs and Funding Sources
- Grant Writing Basics
- Funding Projects and Programs
- Grant writing and Fundraising Strategy
- Six Stages of the Grant Writing Process
- Grant Writing Best Practices
To enroll 10 or more employees in Introduction to Grant Writing, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Introduction to Grant Writing class, you should be able to:
- Discuss the importance of grant writing and organizational funding to nonprofits.
- Describe how capital and endowment grants can be integrated into fundraising strategies, including matching funds.
- Explain how grant writing and fundraising can ensure a nonprofit's financial stability.
- Outline the six stages of the grant writing process.
- Outline the best practices for writing grants.
- Apply understanding of the grant writing process to case studies covering the six stages.
This is an introductory course for entry level nonprofit grant writers.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 4 - 6 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $150.00
- Course Credit: 5.0 CFRE Credits | 0.5 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CFRE and/or CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Introduction to Grant Writing for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Nonprofit Management. Certificate Program students get access to Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization, Capital Campaigns, Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations, How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement, Introduction to Grant Writing, Introduction to Nonprofit Management, Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization, Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development, Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations, Social Media for Nonprofits, and Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 4 - 6 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Introduction to Grant Writing. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CFRE Credits and/or CEUs instantly.
CFRE for Non-Profit Professionals: Corexcel partners with MindEdge Learning to offer CFRE credits for our online nonprofit certificate and courses. Certified Fundraising Executives can earn CFRE credit by taking our non-profit certificate and courses in budgeting, fundraising, grant-writing, leadership and more.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.