Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations introduces you to fundraising, one of the most important activities of a nonprofit organization. Nonprofit organizations depend on fundraising to support operating budgets, special projects and facility improvements. You'll learn the major sources of funds for a nonprofit including annual and capital campaigns, planned giving, corporate donations and foundation grants. You will find out how to use direct mail, telemarketing and social media channels to reach donors. In this nonprofit fundraising training course you'll also learn the importance of donor relations and the ethics of fundraising.
- Fundraising Fundamentals
- Annual Giving, Capital Campaigns, and Planned Giving
- Direct Mail
- Special Events for Nonprofit Fundraising
- Fundraising through Internet and Social Media
- Fundraising through Corporations and Foundations
- Managing Annual Giving Campaign Performance
- Fundraising Ethics
- Building a Lasting Relationship with Donors
To enroll 10 or more employees in this Nonprofit Fundraising Course, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-877-668-8373 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations you should be able to:
- Describe the key concepts related to nonprofit fundraising, such as annual campaigns, capital campaigns, and planned giving.
- Discuss how nonprofit funds can be raised through direct mail and telemarketing.
- Explain how the Internet and social media channels may be used to generate donations.
- Compare and contrast fundraising through corporate donations versus foundation grants.
- Explain the different sections of a grant application.
- Describe methods for evaluating annual campaign performance.
- Discuss how ethics applies to nonprofit fundraising.
- Explain the importance of donor relations.
This is an introductory course for nonprofit management, staff and board members who want to understand the basics of fundraising for nonprofits. Learners should have an understanding of the basics of nonprofit operations.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 4 - 6 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $150.00
- Course Credit: 4.0 CFRE Credits | 0.4 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CFRE and/or CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Nonprofit Management. Certificate Program students get access to Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization, Capital Campaigns, Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations, How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement, Introduction to Grant Writing, Introduction to Nonprofit Management, Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization, Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development, Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations, Social Media for Nonprofits, and Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 4 - 6 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CFRE Credits and/or CEUs instantly.
CFRE for Non-Profit Professionals: Corexcel partners with MindEdge Learning to offer CFRE credits for our online nonprofit certificate and courses. Certified Fundraising Executives can earn CFRE credit by taking our non-profit certificate and courses in budgeting, fundraising, grant-writing, leadership and more.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer 11
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.