We offer a fully accredited, self-paced Online Medical Terminology course. This course combines an interactive study experience using the convenience of the Internet. Textbook and dictionary options are available to add to your online medical terminology course purchase.
You will learn medical terminology through a unique combination of terms related to body systems, word building principles, and phonetic "sounds like" pronunciations. The course is perfect for non-medical professionals who want to learn medical terminology to pursue a field in the healthcare or pharmaceutical industries.
Medical Terminology Course: $295
If you would like to present the course to a college or university, you can get a detailed outline and course objectives by clicking here.
The Online Medical Terminology class modules include:
- Introduction to Medical Terminology
- Human Body In Health and Disease
- Skeletal System
- Muscular System
- Cardiovascular System
- Lymphatic and Immune System
- Respiratory System
- Digestive System
- Urinary System
- Nervous System
- Special Senses: The Eyes and Ears
- Skin: The Integumentary System
- Endocrine System
- Reproductive System
- Diagnostic Procedures and Pharmacology
Course features include:
- eBook with full content of Medical Terminology for Health Professions textbook
- Interactive review exercises
- Audio playback so students can hear the terms
- Explanations of answers
- Wide variety of games to enhance learning
- Tests to demonstrate knowledge
- Case studies
- Glossary with audio pronunciations
- Multimedia animations
Medical Terminology Course Objectives
At the conclusion of Medical Terminology for Health Professions participants will be able to:
- Define the meaning of medical terminology word roots, suffixes, and prefixes
- Recognize and understand basic medical terms
- Identify and decipher medical abbreviations
- Spell and pronounce basic medical terminology
- Analyze unfamiliar terms using the knowledge of word roots, suffixes and prefixes gained in the course
Course Credit and Completion Time
Upon successful completion of the Online Medical Terminology course students will receive a certificate of completion for 9.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Corexcel is authorized to award CEUs by the International Association of Continuing Education and Training. Acceptance of CEUs is at the discretion of the institution. To determine if this course will meet specific college or university requirements, submit the course objectives and accreditation information to your school for approval prior to enrolling.
Medical Terminology Class Registration Options
We offer textbook and dictionary options for our online medical terminology course. An electronic version of the textbook is contained within the online course. The printed textbook is not required for the course but is useful for students who want to study offline. We also list books separately below so you can purchase them at a later time if you change your mind.
If you would like to pay by check or money order, please email us through our contact form with your purchase option and shipping address. We will calculate your shipping cost and email an order form to you with the total price to mail in with your payment.
Once you purchase a course option you will receive an e-mail receipt and a separate e-mail with your log-in information. Log-in e-mails are generated during normal business hours 9:00 am to 5:30 pm EST Monday through Friday. * Additional shipping charges apply for purchase options that include books. Charges are calculated after adding this item to the shopping cart. - Refund Policy
Online Medical Terminology Registration
Medical Terminology Online Course (eBook Included): $295
- 1-Year Access to the Online Medical Terminology Course
- 1-Year Access to Medical Terminology for Health Professions eBook
- 14-Day free trial to Cengage Unlimited
- CEU Certificate Upon Course Completion (college credit available for additional fee)
If you have a group to train, have additional questions, or want to get started right away, call our offices at 1-302-477-9730 between 9:00 and 5:30 EST. If you prefer email, send your request through our contact form. One of our representatives will be glad to answer your Medical Terminology course questions.