We offer a fully accredited, self-paced Online Anatomy and Physiology course. This course combines an interactive study experience with the convenience of the Internet.
This is a self-paced online course that introduces learners with little or no prior knowledge to anatomy & physiology. Course content is presented according to body systems, and focuses on the body working together to promote homeostasis. Mastery of key concepts is encouraged with full-color art, animations, audio and video. The course contains multiple exercises, games, quizzes and tests to reinforce learning and test knowledge of anatomy & physiology. Everything you need to complete the class is contained online, including an electronic version of the textbook. The course is perfect for non-medical professionals who want to learn anatomy and physiology to pursue a field in the healthcare or pharmaceutical industries.
To determine if this course will meet specific college or university requirements, submit the course objectives and accreditation information to your school for approval prior to enrolling.
The Online Anatomy & Physiology class includes the following modules:
- Human Body
- Chemistry of Life
- Cell Structure
- Cellular Metabolism and Reproduction: Mitosis and Meiosis
- Integumentary System
- Skeletal System
- Articular System
- Muscular System
- Nervous System (Central, Peripheral, Autonomic)
- Endocrine System
- Cardiovascular System
- Lymphatic System
- Nutrition and the Digestive System
- Respiratory System
- Urinary System
- Reproductive System
Some of the course features include:
- eBook with full content of Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology textbook
- Phonetic pronunciations help build vocabulary
- Case studies encourage application of concepts learned
- Concept maps of body systems introduces learners to the connections between anatomy and physiology of the organs of each body system
- Animations bring core concepts to life
- Body Systems Working Together to Maintain Homeostasis helps learners see integration of separate systems into one body
- Health Alert and Common Disease, Disorder or Condition Boxes helps learners relate concepts to clinical practice
- Career Focus introduces learners to health professions related to the body system
- As the Body Ages emphasizes how the physiology of the body changes as the body ages
Anatomy & Physiology Course Objectives
Upon completing the Fundamentals of Anatomy & Physiology course participants will be able to:
- Define the anatomic terms used to refer to the body in terms of directions and geometric planes.
- Describe the major cavities of the body and the organs they contain.
- Recognize terms related to the human body's anatomy.
- Match anatomical terms with the appropriate physiology.
- Illustrate the anatomical location of the components of a cell and explain their function.
- Identify the major constituents in the blood and lymph systems and differentiate roles played by each.
- Identify the anatomical structures in the digestive system and relate them to the aspects of digestion.
Course Credit and Completion Time
Upon successful completion of the Online Anatomy and Physiology course students will receive a certificate of completion for 9.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Corexcel is authorized to award CEUs by the International Association of Continuing Education and Training. Acceptance of CEUs is at the discretion of the institution. To determine if this course will meet specific college or university requirements, submit the course objectives and accreditation information to your school for approval prior to enrolling.
Anatomy & Physiology Registration
Use the form below to register for our Anatomy & Physiology course. Textbooks are optional. An electronic version of the textbook is contained within the online course. The printed textbook and study guide are not required to enroll in the course but they're useful for students who want to study offline.
If you would like to pay by check or money order, please email us your purchase option and shipping address through our contact form. We will calculate your shipping cost and email you an order form with the total price to mail in with your payment.
After registering for Anatomy & Physiology, you will receive an e-mail receipt and a separate e-mail with your log-in information. Log-in e-mails are generated during normal business hours 9:00 am to 5:30 pm EST Monday through Friday. * Shipping charges apply for purchases that include books. Charges are calculated in the shopping cart. - Refund Policy
Online Anatomy & Physiology Registration
Anatomy & Physiology Online Course (eBook Included): $318
- 1-Year Access to the Online Anatomy & Physiology Course
- 1-Year Access to Fundamentals of Anatomy & Physiology eBook
- 14-Day free trial to Cengage Unlimited
- CEU Certificate Upon Course Completion
If you have a group to train, have additional questions, or want to get started right away, call our offices at 1-302-477-9730 between 9:00 and 5:30 EST. If you prefer email, send your request through our contact form. One of our representatives will be glad to answer your Anatomy & Physiology course questions.