Essentials of ECG: $195
The ECG online course is designed to teach students to the essentials of electrocardiography. This course will introduce learners to heart anatomy and electrophysiology and relate heart health to the functions of other body systems. It also discusess cardiovascular medications and patient assessment. As students progress through the reading and online exercises they will learn the basics of ecg such as placing leads, reading tracings, and recognizing arrhythmias and cardiac emergencies through the following topics:
- Anatomy of the Heart
- Body Systems and Heart Health
- Heart Electrical Physiology
- Cardiovascular Medications
- Patient Assessment
- Electrocardiogram Basics
- Waveforms, Rate, Rhythm, and Artifacts
- Recognizing Arrhythmias, Pacemakers, and Emergencies
Download our ECG course syllabus & accreditation information to present this course to your school or program.
ECG Class Registration Options
The online ECG course registration form is below. An electronic version of the textbook is contained within the online course. The printed textbook is not required for the course but may be useful for students who want to study offline. Books may also be purchased separately at a later time if you change your mind.
After registering for Microbiology you will receive an email copy of your receipt and a separate login email. * Additional shipping charges apply for purchase options that include books. Charges are calculated after adding this item to the shopping cart. - Add/Drop Policy
Online ECG Course Registration
ECG Online Course (eBook Included): $195
- 1-Year access to the Essentials of Electrocardiography online course
- 1-Year access to Essentials of Electrocardiography eBook
- 14-Day free trial to Cengage Unlimited
- CEU certificate upon course completion
ECG Course Objectives
At the conclusion of Essentials of Electrocardiography participants will be able to:
- Describe the anatomy and electrophysiology of the heart.
- Set up and administer ECGs, stress tests, and Holter monitors.
- Recognize and correct artifacts.
- List the characteristics of basic arrhythmias.
- Identify ECG medical emergencies.
- Maintain ECG equipment and demonstrate lead placement.
- Complete and document patient assessments.
Online course features include:
- Access to ECG: Essentials of Electrocardiography electronic textbook
- Audio pronunciations of medical terms
- Interactive exercises and diagrams
- Practice quizzes
Course Credit and Completion Time
Upon successful completion of Microbiology students will receive a certificate of completion for 5.3 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Corexcel is authorized to award CEUs by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training. Acceptance of CEUs is at the discretion of your institution. To determine if this course will meet specific school or program requirements, submit the course syllabus and accreditation information to your advisor or registrar for approval prior to enrolling.
If you have a group to train or have additional questions call our offices at 1-302-477-9730 between 9:00 and 5:30 EST M-F. If you prefer email, send your request through our contact form. One of our representatives will be glad to answer your ECG course questions.