The Nonprofit Strategic Planning online course helps you create a mission statement for your organization. You will learn how to implement agency strategy, beginning with your managers, to help your organization fulfill its mission. You will also learn how budgets and capital budgets relate to the nonprofit strategic plan and understand the need for contingency planning.
- Basics of Nonprofit Strategy
- Nonprofit Strategic Planning
- Nonprofit Mission Statements
- Nonprofit Budgets
- Success Factors
- Strategic Choice
To enroll 10 or more employees in Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations you should be able to:
- Define strategy in a nonprofit context.
- Describe the strategic planning process and different approaches.
- Discuss how to create mission statements.
- Explain how capital budgets relate to nonprofit strategic planning.
- Describe the success factors for strategic planning.
- Recognize the need for contingency planning.
This course is intended for nonprofit leaders and volunteers with an understanding of business concepts who want to learn more about strategic planning for nonprofit organizations.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 - 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.5 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Nonprofit Management. Certificate Program students get access to Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization, Capital Campaigns, Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations, How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement, Introduction to Grant Writing, Introduction to Nonprofit Management, Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization, Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development, Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations, Social Media for Nonprofits, and Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 - 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer 11
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.