This Nonprofit Budget online course teaches how budgets are used in a nonprofit organization. You'll learn how budgets are used and their function at the organizational and program level. The course also discusses strategic vs. tactical budgeting; capital and operating budgets and variance analysis. In addition to readings and exercises, this course includes videos from consulting experts and budgeting case studies to teach you how to construct and analyze a nonprofit budget.
- Nonprofit Budget Basics
- Strategic Budgeting
- Company-wide Operating Budget
- Nonprofit Budget Systems and Opportunities Budgeting
- Nonprofit Operating Budget Variance Analysis
- Capital Budgets and Return on Investment
- Nonprofit Cash Flow Budgeting
- Managing the Nonprofit Budget Process
To enroll 10 or more employees in Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization you should be able to:
- Explain the functions of a nonprofit budget.
- Describe the different types of budgets used by a nonprofit organization.
- Recognize the use of program and company wide operating budgets.
- Explain how an operating budget is created.
- Analyze a nonprofit operating budget through variance analysis.
- Describe how a capital budget is used and created.
- Explain the importance of a cash flow budget.
- Recognize how to manage the budget process.
This course is intended for nonprofit managers, staff and board members with a basic understanding of financial statements that want to learn how to develop and analyze budgets in the nonprofit sector.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 - 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 3.0 CFRE Credits | 0.3 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CFRE and/or CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Nonprofit Management. Certificate Program students get access to Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization, Capital Campaigns, Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations, How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement, Introduction to Grant Writing, Introduction to Nonprofit Management, Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization, Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development, Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations, Social Media for Nonprofits, and Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 - 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CFRE Credits and/or CEUs instantly.
CFRE for Non-Profit Professionals: Corexcel partners with MindEdge Learning to offer CFRE credits for our online nonprofit certificate and courses. Certified Fundraising Executives can earn CFRE credit by taking our non-profit certificate and courses in budgeting, fundraising, grant-writing, leadership and more.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) - Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.