The Nonprofit Leadership online course addresses the question, "What is leadership?" Through case studies and video commentaries from leaders in the nonprofit sector, you will learn leadership skills specific to working in a nonprofit organization.
- Theories of Leadership
- Leading, Managing, and Administering
- Levels of Leadership
- Attitudes toward Charismatic Leadership
- Nonprofit Leadership Issues
- Attitudes toward Hierarchy
- Seven Bases of Leadership
- Commitment and Leadership
- Leadership Skills
To enroll 10 or more employees in Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization you should be able to:
- Define leadership and explain its importance in the nonprofit sector.
- Identify three popular leadership theories.
- Distinguish leadership from management and administration.
- Explain the role of ethics in leadership.
- Identify the drawbacks and benefits of charismatic leadership.
- Recognize the importance of training, learning, and leadership role-play.
- Describe the lack of leadership in the nonprofit sector and discuss possible solutions.
- Discuss the seven bases of leadership.
- Explain why formal authority does not guarantee leadership.
- Discuss the nine key qualities for leadership success.
- Identify the five central skills for effective leadership.
This course is intended for managers, staff, board and committee members of nonprofit organizations who want to understand and develop nonprofit leadership skills.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 - 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $99.00
- Course Credit: 3.0 CFRE Credits | 0.3 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CFRE and/or CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Nonprofit Management. Certificate Program students get access to Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization, Capital Campaigns, Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations, How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement, Introduction to Grant Writing, Introduction to Nonprofit Management, Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization, Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development, Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations, Social Media for Nonprofits, and Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 - 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CFRE Credits and/or CEUs instantly.
CFRE for Non-Profit Professionals: Corexcel partners with MindEdge Learning to offer CFRE credits for our online nonprofit certificate and courses. Certified Fundraising Executives can earn CFRE credit by taking our non-profit certificate and courses in budgeting, fundraising, grant-writing, leadership and more.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer 11
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.