Microbiology Course: $200
The Microbiology online course is designed for students who require a microbiology class related to health professions as part of their curriculum. This self-paced online microbiology course provides foundational knowledge that will help learners understand medical microbiology and relate it to medical practice. Through a blend of reading and online exercises students will learn the science of microbiology, practical applications, infection prevention, and microbiological diseases related to major body systems while working through the following topics:
- Background of Microbiology
- Medical Microbiology
- Medical Microbiology Specialties
- Infection Prevention
- Protecting Patients and Ourselves
- Microbiology-Related Procedures
- Immunizations and Antimicrobials
- Microbiological Diseases: Non-respiratory Infectious Diseases
- Respiratory-Related Microbiological Diseases
Download our Microbiology course syllabus & accreditation information to present this course to your school or program.
Microbiology Class Registration Options
The accredited Microbiology online course registration form is below. An electronic version of the textbook is contained within the online course. The printed textbook is not required for the online microbiology class but may be useful for students who want to study offline. Books may also be purchased separately at a later time if you change your mind.
After registering for Microbiology you will receive an email copy of your receipt and a separate login email. * Additional shipping charges apply for purchase options that include books. Charges are calculated after adding this item to the shopping cart. - Add/Drop Policy
Online Microbiology Course Registration
Microbiology Online Course (eBook Included): $200
- 1-Year access to the Microbiology online course
- 1-Year access to Microbiology eBook
- CEU certificate upon course completion
Microbiology Course Objectives
At the conclusion of Microbiology participants will be able to:
- Describe the steps, in order, of the immune response to infection.
- List six general guidelines for ensuring accurate results in specimen collection.
- Explain the protective structures of viruses, parasites, fungi, and prions.
- Discuss the advantages of four different methods of sterilization and disinfection.
- List four routes of transmission and precautions that can be used to help prevent infection.
- Identify the guidelines for maintaining a sterile field.
- Define five viruses treated with antiviral drugs.
- List common infections associated with major body systems.
- Describe five types of pneumonia.
Online course features include:
- Access to Microbiology electronic textbook
- Audio pronunciations of medical terms
- Interactive exercises and diagrams
- Practice quizzes
Course Credit and Completion Time
Upon successful completion of Microbiology students will receive a certificate of completion for 3.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Corexcel is authorized to award CEUs by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training. Acceptance of CEUs is at the discretion of your institution. To determine if this course will meet specific school or program requirements, submit the course syllabus and accreditation information to your advisor or registrar for approval prior to enrolling.
If you have a group to train or have additional questions call our offices at 1-302-477-9730 between 9:00 and 5:30 EST M-F. If you prefer email, send your request through our contact form. One of our representatives will be glad to answer your Microbiology course questions.