The online Social Media for Nonprofits training course gives learners an overview of using social media to connect with nonprofit members and donors. You will learn how to use various social media platforms for communication, marketing, public relations, and fundraising.
- Social Media for Communication, Marketing, and Fundraising
- Social Media Platforms
- Engage Members and Donors
- Issues Surrounding Social Media
- Tools and Techniques
To enroll 10 or more employees in our social media training for charities course, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing this online Social Media for Nonprofits training course, you should be able to:
- Discuss the importance of social media for nonprofits in communicating, marketing, public relations, and fundraising.
- Explain how social media can engage nonprofit donors and volunteers.
- Outline key questions nonprofits should consider as they use social media.
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and other social media platforms.
- Explain the importance of establishing social media policies for your nonprofit organization.
- Discuss the measurement of social media effectiveness in communication and fundraising.
- Outline tools and techniques for successful social media use by a nonprofit.
This is an introductory level course for using social media platforms within a nonprofit organization.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 - 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.5 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CFRE and/or CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Social Media for Nonprofits for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Nonprofit Management. Certificate Program students get access to Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization, Capital Campaigns, Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations, How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement, Introduction to Grant Writing, Introduction to Nonprofit Management, Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization, Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development, Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations, Social Media for Nonprofits, and Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 - 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Social Media for Nonprofits. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
CFRE for Non-Profit Professionals: Corexcel partners with MindEdge Learning to offer CFRE credits for our online nonprofit certificate and courses. Certified Fundraising Executives can earn CFRE credit by taking our non-profit certificate and courses in budgeting, fundraising, grant-writing, leadership and more.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.