The Principles of Nonprofit Marketing Course explores the role of marketing in a nonprofit organization: to communicate mission, recruit volunteers and raise funds. You will learn the Three P's of Services Marketing, how to determine the needs of your target audience, how to reach target markets and solicit donations. You'll also learn about marketing planning and how to deploy advertising, promotion, public relations, and customer relationship management to reach your donor base.
- Marketing in the Nonprofit Environment
- Marketing Process
- Marketing Mix and the Four P's
- Nonprofit Service Products
- Customer Relationships and Customer Satisfaction in the Nonprofit Environment
- Marketing and Ethics in the Nonprofit Environment
To enroll 10 or more employees in Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations you should be able to:
- Define marketing within the nonprofit environment.
- Explain the service nature of nonprofit program activities.
- Explain how the marketing mix is expanded for service products.
- Describe the importance of customer satisfaction and customer expectations for service products.
- Discuss the role of ethics in nonprofit marketing.
- Explain the process of a nonprofit marketing plan.
- Describe how target markets can be identified for donors.
- Explain how new service products are developed by nonprofits.
This course is intended for nonprofit leaders, managers, staff, volunteers and board members interested in the basic principles of marketing for the nonprofit sector.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 - 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.3 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Nonprofit Management. Certificate Program students get access to Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization, Capital Campaigns, Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations, How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement, Introduction to Grant Writing, Introduction to Nonprofit Management, Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization, Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development, Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations, Social Media for Nonprofits, and Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 - 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac OS X Operating System
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) - Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.