Pharmacology Course: $305
The Pharmacology online course teaches students about medication and medication administration. The first section of the course focuses on pharmacologic principles and dosage calculations. The second section provides an understanding uses, action, indications, and effects of common medications in the major drug classifications. As students work through the self-placed, online course they will learn the essentials of pharmacology through the following topics:
- Consumer Safety and Drug Regulations
- Drug Names and References
- Sources and Bodily Effects of Drugs
- Medication Preparations and Supplies
- Abbreviations and Systems of Measurement
- Safe Dosage Calculations
- Responsibilities and Principles of Drug Administration
- Administrations by the Gastrointestinal Route
- Administration by the Parenteral Route
- Poison Control
- Vitamins, Minerals, and Herbs
- Skin Medications
- Autonomic Nervous System Drugs
- Antineoplastic Drugs
- Urinary System Drugs
- Gastrointestinal Drugs
- Anti-Infective Drugs
- Eye and Ear Medications
- Analgesics, Sedatives, and Hypnotics
- Psychotropic Medications, Alcohol, and Drug Abuse
- Musculoskeletal and Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
- Anticonvulsants, Antiparkinsonian Drugs, and Agents for Alzheimer’s Disease
- Endocrine System Drugs
- Reproductive System Drugs
- Cardiovascular Drugs
- Respiratory System Drugs and Antihistamines
- Drugs and Older Adults
Download our Pharmacology course syllabus & accreditation information to present this course to your school or program.
Pharmacology Class Registration Options
The online Pharmacology course registration form is below. An electronic version of the textbook is contained within the online course. The printed textbook is not required for the course but may be useful for students who want to study offline. Books may also be purchased separately at a later time if you change your mind.
Once you purchase the course you will receive an email receipt and a separate email will be sent with your log-in information. Log-in emails are generated during normal business hours 9:00 am to 5:30 pm EST Monday through Friday. * Additional shipping charges apply for purchase options that include books. Charges are calculated after adding this item to the shopping cart. - Add/Drop Policy
Online Pharmacology Course Registration
Pharmacology Online Course (eBook Included): $305
- 12-Month access to the Pharmacology online course
- 12-Month access to Pharmacology eBook
- 14-Day free trial to Cengage Unlimited
- CEU certificate upon course completion
Pharmacology Course Objectives
At the conclusion of Essentials of Pharmacology for Health Professions participants will be able to:
- Identify commonly used medications and compare and contrast their characteristics.
- Summarize the sources, mechanism of action, and indications for specific drug therapies.
- Calculate the appropriate dosage for a given drug.
- List the factors that influence the absorption and effectiveness of drugs.
- Develop safety instructions for both the healthcare practitioner and the patient in administrating and taking medications.
- Identify the responsibilities of a healthcare practitioner in addressing and treating drug abuse.
Online course features include:
- Access to Essentials of Pharmacology for Health Professions electronic textbook
- Audio pronunciations of medication terms
- Illustrations and interactive exercises
- Practice quizzes
Course Credit and Completion Time
Upon successful completion of Essentials of Pharmacology for Health Professions students will receive a certificate of completion for 6.6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Corexcel is authorized to award CEUs by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training. Acceptance of CEUs is at the discretion of your institution. To determine if this course will meet specific school or program requirements, submit the course syllabus and accreditation information to your advisor or registrar for approval prior to enrolling.
If you have a group to train, have additional questions, or want to get started right away, call our offices at 1-302-477-9730 between 9:00 and 5:30 EST. If you prefer email, send your request through our contact form. One of our representatives will be glad to answer your pharmacology course questions.