The Human Biology online course provides an introduction to the study of the human body. This course gives students an understanding of body structures and their functions and applies biological principles to real-world situations. As students work through the self-placed, online course they will learn about cells, tissues, organs, diseases, and healthcare concepts through the following topics:
- Learning about Human Biology
- Chemistry of Life
- Cells and How They Work
- Tissues, Organs, and Organ Systems
- The Skeletal System
- The Muscular System
- Circulation: The Heart and Blood Vessels
- Immunity and Disease
- The Respiratory System
- Digestion and Nutrition
- The Urinary System
- The Nervous System
- Sensory Systems
- The Endocrine System
- Reproductive Systems
- Development and Aging
- Cell Reproduction
- Introduction to Genetics
- Chromosomes and Human Genetics
- DNA, Genes, and Biotechnology
- Genes and Disease: Cancer
- Principles of Evolution
- Principles of Ecology
- Human Impacts on the Biosphere
Download our Human Biology course syllabus & accreditation information to present this course to your school or program.
Human Biology Course: $325
Human Biology Class Registration Options
The online Human Biology course registration form is below. An electronic version of the textbook is contained within the online course. The printed textbook is not required for the course but may be useful for students who want to study offline. Books may also be purchased separately at a later time if you change your mind.
Once you purchase the course you will receive an email receipt and a separate email will be sent with your log-in information. Log-in emails are generated during normal business hours 9:00 am to 5:30 pm EST Monday through Friday. * Additional shipping charges apply for purchase options that include books. Charges are calculated after adding this item to the shopping cart. - Add/Drop Policy
Online Human Biology Course Registration
Human Biology Online Course (eBook Included): $325
- 6-Month access to the Human Biology online course
- 6-Month access to Human Biology eBook
- 14-Day free trial to Cengage Unlimited
- CEU certificate upon course completion
Human Biology Course Objectives
At the conclusion of Human Biology participants will be able to:
- Identify the structures and define the functions of the human body systems.
- List cell organelles and their biological functions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of genetics and inherited traits.
- Summarize principles of evolution and ecology as well as human impact on the biosphere. the steps, in order, of the immune response to infection.
Online course features include:
- Access to Human Biology electronic textbook
- Audio pronunciations of medical terms
- Interactive exercises and diagrams
- Practice quizzes
Course Credit and Completion Time
Upon successful completion of Human Biology students will receive a certificate of completion for 11.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Corexcel is authorized to award CEUs by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training. Acceptance of CEUs is at the discretion of your institution. To determine if this course will meet specific school or program requirements, submit the course syllabus and accreditation information to your advisor or registrar for approval prior to enrolling.
If you have a group to train, have additional questions, or want to get started right away, call our offices at 1-302-477-9730 between 9:00 and 5:30 EST. If you prefer email, send your request through our contact form. One of our representatives will be glad to answer your Human Biology course questions.