How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement online course will help you understand the major nonprofit financial statements and how they are used. You'll learn how to analyze and interpret the financial information from each of the statements. You'll also learn the limitations of the financial statements and how to use financial ratios to help assess financial performance and organizational health.
- Annual Reports and Financial Statements
- Statement of Activities
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Ratios and Benchmarking
- Nonprofit Financial Statements
- Summary of Concepts
To enroll 10 or more employees in How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement you should be able to:
- Identify the documents and financial statements in a nonprofit financial report.
- Analyze a nonprofit statement of financial position.
- Analyze a statement of activities and statement of cash flows.
- Describe the nature of business enterprises and nonprofit organizations as reflected by the statement of financial position.
- Define financial ratio analysis and explain its objectives and limitations.
- Identify and calculate financial ratios used in nonprofit analysis.
This course is intended for managers, staff, board and committee members that want to be able to read and interpret nonprofit financial statements.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 - 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.3 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Nonprofit Management. Certificate Program students get access to Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization, Capital Campaigns, Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations, How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement, Introduction to Grant Writing, Introduction to Nonprofit Management, Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization, Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development, Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations, Social Media for Nonprofits, and Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 - 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac OS X Operating System
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) - Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.