Procedure Coding Course: $200
Additional Enrollment Options
Corexcel is excited to offer Medical Coding: HCPCS Level II and CPT. This self-paced online medical course allows you to study the content on your schedule and complete the course exercises and exams online. The readings contain key terms to help you learn the technical vocabulary, as well as tips and notes that reinforce understanding of difficult coding concepts. You will also find case examples and tables containing procedure codes with associated coding guidelines. The course is divided into:
- Coding Overview (Optional)
- Health Care Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) Level II Coding System
- Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Coding System
- Insurance and Reimbursement Overview (Optional)
This procedure coding course is designed for individuals learning to code, as well as for healthcare professionals needing an update on current codes. You can find a detailed course outline here.
An eBook version of the textbook is contained within the online course. However, an optional printed textbook is available for your convenience. Access to the coding manuals for HCPCS Level II and CPT is required for most exercises and exams.
The online procedure coding class modules include:
- Overview of Coding
- HCPCS Level II Coding System
- Introduction to CPT Coding
- Evaluation and Management
- Surgery I-V
- Pathology and Laboratory
- Insurance and Reimbursement
Course features include:
- eBook with full content of 3-2-1 Code It! textbook
- ReadSpeaker reads text and key term pronunciations aloud
- Glossary and dictionary search
- Most recent HIPAA standards
- Latest CPT and HCPCS Level II code sets, conventions, and guidelines
- Case study videos with review questions
- Coding practice exercises
- Online flashcards to enhance learning
- Chapter review slides
Procedure Coding Course Objectives
At the conclusion of the procedure coding course participants will be able to:
- Apply outpatient and physician office coding guidelines when assigning procedure and service codes.
- Identify the purpose and composition of CPT and HCPCS and incorporate vocabulary and data used in health information systems.
- Describe the development and indexing methodology for CPT and HCPCS.
- Interpret coding guidelines and notes for CPT and HCPCS.
- Interpret health care data to code and sequence procedure/service statements, case studies, and patient records.
- Assign CPT and HCPCS Level II codes.
Course Credit and Completion Time
Upon successful completion of this course students will receive a certificate of completion for 7.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). To determine if your employer or school will accept this course, submit the course objectives and accreditation information for approval before enrolling.
Procedure Coding Class Registration Options
An eBook version of the textbook is contained within the online course. However, an option that includes the printed textbook is available for students who prefer to study offline. Access to coding manuals for HCPCS Level II and CPT is required in order to complete this course.
After registering for Procedure Coding you will receive an email copy of your receipt and a separate login email. * Additional shipping charges apply for purchase options that include books. Charges are calculated after adding this item to the shopping cart. - Add/Drop Policy