Effective communication skills are necessary for success. Poor communication can lead to a confused and frustrated audience and a bad reputation for the author. Effective communication can help you reach more customers, hiring managers, and executives.
Our Business Communications Certificate Program will help you master effective communication across common business channels like reports, brochures, proposals, and presentations. You will also learn how to appropriately communicate via email and revise your own material.
Our Business Communications Certificate Program begins with Effective Business Writing. This course will cover the fundamentals of communication and the importance of effective communication in business. You will use ideas, techniques and checklists to write and revise important business documents like memos, reports, brochures, proposals, presentations, catalogs, and websites.
Effective Presentations will help you develop and deliver effect presentations. You will learn how to outline, create and revise PowerPoint presentations. The course will also cover public speaking anxiety and tips for delivering persuasive presentations to your audience.
Effective Public Speaking is a short course that helps you gain the confidence for speaking in front of a crowd. You will learn the seven stages of giving a speech, as well as tips for crafting, delivering, and responding to questions.
The Effective Emails, Memos, and Letters online course will help you improve your professionalism in the workplace. You will learn when each method of communication is appropriate and how to draft one using the proper format.
The final course in this certificate program is Communicating Collaboratively. It is designed to help your team increase its effectiveness when communicating whether in meetings or when working remotely.
- Communicating Collaboratively
- Effective Business Writing
- Effective Emails, Memos, and Letters
- Effective Presentations
- Effective Public Speaking
To enroll 10 or more employees in Certificate in Business Communications, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing the Certificate in Business Communications you should be able to:
- Employ the 4 steps of purposeful communication.
- Recognize the role of your audience and the importance of addressing their needs.
- Employ checklists for organizing, writing, and revising material.
- Practice techniques for overcoming writer's block.
- Revise material for wordiness, unnecessary phrases, redundancy, and jargon.
- Write more effective emails and recognize the appropriate use of email in an organizational setting.
- Recognize key visual considerations for PowerPoint slides and presentations.
- Discuss the forecast, present, and echo structure for presentations.
- Outline, create and revise PowerPoint presentations.
- Discuss the success factors for face-to-face presentations.
- Describe the seven stages of giving a speech or presentation.
- Recognize best practices for using slides in your presentation.
- Describe key techniques for dealing with speech anxiety.
- Recognize effective responses for handling difficult questions.
- Recognize when to use an email, memo, or letter.
- Explain the proper format for each type of written communication.
- Identify the factors in interpersonal communication and modify communication strategies to address the situation.
- Devise effective strategies for working remotely.
- Explain the purpose of various types of meetings and the expected outcomes.
- Document meeting minutes and conduct follow up responses.
Our Business Communications Certificate Program was designed for adult learners looking to improve their business writing abilities. Learners should have basic knowledge of writing, grammar and PowerPoint.
- Certificate Fee: $299.00
- Course Credit: 10.0 PDUs | 2.5 CEUs
- Number of Courses: 5
- Course Format: Self-paced online certificate program
- Completion Time: 25 hours
- Access: 365 days
- Prerequisites: None
- Online, self-paced courses
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- PDU and/or CEU Certificate
Access Time: You get full access to Communicating Collaboratively, Effective Business Writing, Effective Emails, Memos, and Letters, Effective Presentations, and Effective Public Speaking, for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this certificate program is 25 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our certificate programs.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete each certificate course. Upon successful completion of all of the certificate courses, you will be able to print your certificate including PDUs and/or CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac OS X Operating System
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) - Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.