Nonprofits rely on volunteers for the majority of their activities. This Nonprofit Board & Volunteer Development Course is an online course that discusses the roles and responsibilities of nonprofit volunteer boards and how they differ from for-profit boards. You will learn how to structure, recruit and fill a nonprofit board and how to develop and maintain a strong volunteer base. Through course content, case studies, and streaming videos featuring nonprofit experts, you will learn about board operation, regulatory requirements and board-staff interactions.
- Why Do People Volunteer?
- The Scope of Volunteerism
- Basics of a Successful Program
- Maintaining a Strong Volunteer Base
- Responsibilities of the Nonprofit Board
- Fiduciary Responsibilities
- Sarbanes-Oxley, Whistle-blower Protection, and Record Retention
- Different Models for Organizing a Nonprofit Board
- Is There an Ideal Board Size?
- Evaluating Board Strengths and Weaknesses
- Why Do Nonprofit Boards Organize Committees?
- Board Relationships with Staff and Volunteers
To enroll 10 or more employees in Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development you should be able to:
- Explain why people volunteer and how nonprofits can make volunteer programs more successful.
- Describe the responsibilities of the nonprofit board.
- Discuss different models for organizing a nonprofit board.
- Discuss the pros and cons of large versus small boards.
- Describe why board evaluations are useful.
- Explain why nonprofit boards form committees.
- Discuss typical nonprofit board and staff interactions.
- Describe how nonprofits can develop and maintain a strong volunteer base.
This course is intended for nonprofit leaders, staff and board and committee members who want to learn about nonprofit boards and volunteer development.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $150.00
- Course Credit: 5.0 CFRE Credits | 0.5 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CFRE and/or CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Nonprofit Management. Certificate Program students get access to Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization, Capital Campaigns, Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations, How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement, Introduction to Grant Writing, Introduction to Nonprofit Management, Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization, Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development, Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations, Social Media for Nonprofits, and Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CFRE Credits and/or CEUs instantly.
CFRE for Non-Profit Professionals: Corexcel partners with MindEdge Learning to offer CFRE credits for our online nonprofit certificate and courses. Certified Fundraising Executives can earn CFRE credit by taking our non-profit certificate and courses in budgeting, fundraising, grant-writing, leadership and more.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer 11
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.