Nonprofit Management discusses best practices for nonprofit governance for new leaders. You will learn about nonprofit structure and key issues facing nonprofit organizations. Daily responsibilities such marketing and communication and fundraising and grant writing will be discussed. Finally, you will learn the importance of servant leadership.
- The Nonprofit Sector
- Nonprofit Governance
- Nonprofit Strategy
- Servant Leadership
- Managing Staff and Volunteers
- Financial Management
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Marketing and Communications
- Fundraising and Writing Grants
- Social Media and Social Entrepreneurship
- Nonprofit Performance Assessment
To enroll 10 or more employees in Introduction to Nonprofit Management, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Introduction to Nonprofit Management you should be able to:
- Discuss nonprofit structure.
- Describe nonprofit governance and the relationship between the board and executive director.
- Describe nonprofit servant leadership.
- Outline key ethical issues for managers, staff and volunteers.
- Outline the key financial and legal issues for nonprofit organizations.
- Discuss the importance of marketing and communication and social media.
- Explain the basics of nonprofit fundraising and grant writing process.
- Outline methods of nonprofit performance assessment.
This course is intended for leaders needing a basic understanding of management in the nonprofit sector.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 - 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $99.00
- Course Credit: 0.5 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Introduction to Nonprofit Management for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Nonprofit Management. Certificate Program students get access to Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization, Capital Campaigns, Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations, How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement, Introduction to Grant Writing, Introduction to Nonprofit Management, Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization, Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development, Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations, Social Media for Nonprofits, and Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 - 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Introduction to Nonprofit Management. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) - Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.