Capital Campaigns is an online course that teaches how to conduct a successful capital campaign for a nonprofit organization. You'll learn the five phases of a capital campaign: evaluation, feasibility analysis, campaign organization, donor solicitation and campaign wrap-up. You'll also how to avoid the most common mistakes when creating a capital campaign as well as how to organize a gift chart, hire a consultant and create campaign support leadership teams. This nonprofit capital campaign course's online content includes video lectures by campaign consultants and donor solicitation case studies that teach you the techniques for handling capital campaign challenges.
- Capital Campaigns
- Phases of a Campaign
- Conducting a Feasibility Study
- Preparing for a Campaign
- Capital Campaign Leadership
- Common Pitfalls
- Campaign Fundraising Tips
To enroll 10 or more employees in Capital Campaigns, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Capital Campaigns for Nonprofits you should be able to:
- Explain the five phases of a capital campaign.
- Define feasibility study and why one should be conducted prior to a capital campaign.
- Discuss what role consultants can play in conducting a feasibility study.
- Discuss important factors for hiring a consultant.
- Explain how a gift chart can help organize campaign donations.
- Describe the different types of leadership teams and committees that may be formed for campaign support.
- Discuss techniques for troubleshooting a stalled capital campaign.
- Understand what is required for a successful donor solicitation.
This course is intended for nonprofit fundraisers, managers, staff and board members that want to understand how to run a successful capital campaign for a nonprofit organization.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 - 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 3.0 CFRE Credits | 0.3 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CFRE and/or CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Capital Campaigns for Nonprofits for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Nonprofit Management. Certificate Program students get access to Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization, Capital Campaigns, Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations, How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement, Introduction to Grant Writing, Introduction to Nonprofit Management, Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization, Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development, Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations, Social Media for Nonprofits, and Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 - 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Capital Campaigns. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CFRE Credits and/or CEUs instantly.
CFRE for Non-Profit Professionals: Corexcel partners with MindEdge Learning to offer CFRE credits for our online nonprofit certificate and courses. Certified Fundraising Executives can earn CFRE credit by taking our non-profit certificate and courses in budgeting, fundraising, grant-writing, leadership and more.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer 11
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.