Project Management Guide - Introduction to Project Management is an online study guide to accompany the PMBOK Guide. PMP 1 is part of a series of Project Management Courses that you can take as stand-alone courses or you can take a series of courses to prepare for the PMP® Exam. You will review organizational structure issues and how to select the right project manager. You will also discuss the project management office and how it supports a project and the organization.
- Projects in Context: Understanding the Bigger Picture
- Project Management Office (PMO), Resources, and Influences
- Organizational Structures
- Project Life Cycle: Understanding Phases and Project Tendencies
- Best Practices: Selecting a Project Manager
To enroll 10 or more employees in PMP 1 - Introduction to Project Management, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing PMP 1 - Introduction to Project Management you should be able to:
- Explain what a project is and how it can advance organizational goals.
- Understand the role of the project manager in an organizational setting.
- Understand how enterprise environmental factors and organizational process assets can affect project management processes.
- Explain the concept of a project management office (PMO).
- Explain the relation of projects to sub-projects, programs, and portfolios.
- Distinguish between functional and projectized organizations and explain how organizational structure can affect project processes and activities.
- Understand the role of stakeholders in determining general and specific details of the project charter.
- Understand the project life cycle and its common trends and patterns.
- Define and explain fast tracking.
- Identify key characteristics of successful project managers.
This course is intended for learners who have some project management experience and need an online study guide to accompany the PMBOK Guide.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3-4 hours
- Prerequisites: Learners should have some experience in project management and will need to have access to the Project Management Institute's A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.5 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to PMP 1 - Introduction to Project Management for 90 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3-4 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete PMP 1 - Introduction to Project Management. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) - Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.