Managing Real World Projects is a six-module, self-paced online course that teaches you the best practices of experienced project managers. You will learn how to manage the five major project management stages and overcome challenges. You'll get templates for a comprehensive project plan, work breakdown schedules, task and issue lists, risk register and close-out documents.
This project management online training is reinforced with interactive video-based scenarios and advice from experts in the field. Through text, interactive games, case studies, and video commentary you will learn how to create and execute a comprehensive project plan with satisfied team members. You'll also have access to expert advice via the "Ask the Expert" link and get answers from experienced project managers in 24-48 hours.
- Managing Real World Projects
- Understanding Projects & Project Management
- Initiating a Project
- Selecting a Project Manager
- Identifying & Communicating with Stakeholders
- Using Tools & Techniques to Plan Your Project
- The Risk Register
- Developing an Effective Team
- Push & Pull Communications
- Risk Monitoring & Controlling
- Distributing Information
- Closing a Project
To enroll 10 or more employees in Project Management in the Real World, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Managing Real World Projects you should be able to:
- Understand the five project stages: Initiating, Planning, Controlling, Executing and Closing.
- Recognize project constraints such as scope, time and budget.
- Explain key project management terminology.
- Outline the keys to a successful project launch.
- Understand how to establish project goals and deliverables with stakeholders.
- Manage the planning, execution, and control of your projects.
- Recognize project management best practice, including Agile and Lean.
- Understand project team dynamics.
- Understand how to communicate clearly with stakeholders and project team members.
- Recognize effective tools for change management.
- Manage the closing process for your project, including transfer, acceptance and approval.
This course is intended for individuals seeking project management training.
- Access Time: 180 days
- Average Completion Time: 10 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $249.00
- Course Credit: 10.0 PDUs | 1.0 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- PDU and/or CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Managing Real World Projects for 180 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 10 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Managing Real World Projects. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including PDUs and/or CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.