Project Management Team Leadership is a self-paced online course covering the job functions of the project management team leader. You will learn how to create a positive team dynamic with effective communication and team building activities. This course will also help you develop problem solving and conflict resolution skills as they relate to project teams.
- Common Project Management Team Leadership Barriers
- Tips for Project Management Team Leadership Success
- Team Leader Roles & Responsibilities
- Building a Positive Team Environment
- Acquiring & Developing the Team
- Tips for Building a Positive Team Environment
- Team Decision-Making
- Project Communication
- Solving Common Team Problems
To enroll 10 or more employees in Project Management Team Leadership, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Project Management Team Leadership you should be able to:
- Define a team and identify six common types of teams.
- Explain the Bruce Tuckman model of group development.
- Describe how the project life cycle is relevant to team issues.
- List three sources of power for project management team leaders.
- Describe ways to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Explain different types of team building activities.
- Identify the challenges of virtual teams and how they relate to the project management team leader role.
- Compare and contrast voting and consensus as methods for making decisions.
- Explain the different characteristics of effective and open team communication.
- Identify the best practices for using e-mail and telephone among team members.
- Identify several common team problems and apply methods for resolving issues.
This course is intended for professionals who have a working knowledge of basic project management and want to develop their team leadership skills.
- Access Time: 180 days
- Average Completion Time: 18 hours
- Prerequisites: This online course assumes a working knowledge of basic project management functions and terminology.
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $359.00
- Course Credit: 18.0 PDUs | 1.8 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- PDU and/or CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Project Management Team Leadership for 180 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 18 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Project Management Team Leadership. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including PDUs and/or CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.