The HR Skills Fundamentals Certificate program brings together a collection of human resources skills designed to help managers keep a business running smoothly. This online course will give HR workers the tools for successful hiring, onboarding, training and development, and more.
The topics in the HR Skills Fundamentals Certificate were created to help HR managers achieve success through the organization's people. Course participants will learn the key components of hiring the right talent, onboarding and training, and reducing turnover. The administration side will also be cover with topics such as HR law and data interpretation. The following modules are included in this HR certificate program:
- The Hiring Process
- Exit Interviews
- Training and Development
- HR Federal Law
- Effective Meetings
- Interpreting Data
To enroll 10 or more employees in HR Skills Fundamentals Certificate, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing the HR Skills Fundamentals Certificate you should be able to:
- Identify the role that HR professionals play in the hiring process.
- List best practices for conducting an exit interview in a professional and effective manner.
- Describe HR functions related to onboarding.
- Outline the five phases of the training development process.
- Explain best practices for interviewing candidates.
- Define key terms used to classify different types of workers according to federal law.
- Outline policies and ground rules for effective meetings.
- Differentiate between statistical significance and practical significance in relation to data interpretation.
Human Resources Skills Fundamentals is intended for new HR leaders who need to develop skills for managing employees from hire to exit.
- Certificate Fee: $349.00
- Course Credit: 2.0 CEUs | 18.0 HRCI Credits | 20.0 SHRM PDCs
- Course Format: Self-paced online certificate program
- Completion Time: 20 hours
- Access: 365 days
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU/HRCI/PDC Certificate
Access Time: You get full access to HR Skills Fundamentals Certificate for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this certificate program is 20 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our certificate programs.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete this certificate course. Upon successful completion of all of this certificate course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs/HRCI Credits/PDCs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.