Talent Management and Career Development will help you establish effective training and development programs in your organization. You will learn the difference between training and development, the importance of both on employer and employees, and how to assess employee needs and make appropriate recommendations for career growth. You will learn about the 5 stages of the career life cycle and how they affect employees' needs/desires. After completing the course, you'll be able to use career development tools ,e.g. training, job rotation, education, networking, to help employee's flourish within your organization.
- Developing Human Capital
- The Importance of Career Development
- Career Development Life Cycle
- Training vs. Development
- Training Needs Analysis
- Training Methods
- Generational Issues
- Career Development Issues
- Career Questions
To enroll 10 or more employees in Talent Management and Career Development, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Talent Management and Career Development you should be able to:
- Discuss the value of a career development program.
- Describe an employee's needs at each of the five stages in the career life cycle.
- Explain why career management is important to employers and employees.
- Outline the tools for career development.
- Effectively handle common career management issues.
This course is designed for adult learners interested in implementing effective talent management and career development techniques.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 - 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.3 CEUs | 2.0 HRCI Credits | 2.0 SHRM Credits
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- HRCI and/or CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Talent Management and Career Development for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Human Resource Management. Certificate Program students get access to Introduction to Human Resource Management, Compensation and Benefits, Data and Human Resource Management, Employee Selection, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Training, Performance Management, and Talent Management and Career Development for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 - 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Talent Management and Career Development. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs, HRCI Credits, and/or SHRM Credits instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer 11
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.