Compensation provides a basic overview of the issues surrounding employee pay. An organization's payment policies help establish the culture of the organization. The policies must comply with all legal requirements provide pay equity within the organization and be competitive with similar organizations. You'll learn how to comply with state and federal "wage and hour" laws and how to determine if your current compensation structure is competitive. You'll also learn how to administer different pay structures and address pay equity issues.
- Compensation Systems
- Compensation Considerations
- Compensation and Employee Motivation
- Job Evaluation
- Pay for Performance
- Pay Surveys and Market Compensation
- Compensation Issues
To enroll 10 or more employees in Compensation and Benefits, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Compensation and Benefits you should be able to:
- Comply with relevant state and federal compensation laws.
- Explain the importance of establishing a compensation system.
- Determine the competitive pay level for particular positions and geographic locations.
- Explain the link between compensation and employee motivation.
- Describe the role of compensation systems in an organization.
- Discuss and administer a variety of pay structures.
- Confront issues of pay equity within an organization.
This course is designed for adult learners interested in learning more about the issues and key aspects of compensation.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3-5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.3 CEUs | 3.5 HRCI Credits | 3.5 SHRM Credits
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU/HRCI/SHRM Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Compensation and Benefits for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Human Resource Management. Certificate Program students get access to Introduction to Human Resource Management, Compensation and Benefits, Data and Human Resource Management, Employee Selection, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Training, Performance Management, and Talent Management and Career Development for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3-5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Compensation and Benefits. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs, HRCI Credits, and/or SHRM Credits instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer 11
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.