Small business owners and Human Resources departments need to know about HR day-to-day responsibilities and their impact on an organization's success. Our Human Resource Management Certificate Program is based on D. Quinn Mills' book, Principles of Human Resource Management. The HR management online certificate program will help you take on HR responsibilities like hiring better talent, awarding competitive compensation, and developing a strong team. Our certificate will also cover regulations and policies that apply to Human Resources and business management so that you can avoid costly mistakes.
The human resources certification online course combines key Human Resource Management (HRM) topics that address how to handle the constant changing business environment of the world today.
In our Introduction to Human Resource (HR) Management online course, we will cover the various roles and responsibilities of Human Resource Management, HRM's strategic contribution to an organization and how day-to-day HR responsibilities can have an impact on the organization as a whole. We will cover key terms, HR structure and issues that can impact HRM operation.
Compensation will cover help you establish competitive compensation programs with understanding of pay policy, legal requirements and pay equity. You will also learn how to determine competitive pay for particular positions and geographic locations and administer a variety of pay structures.
Data and Human Resource Management covers the uses of big data for HR. Learn how to make data-driven decisions that support employees. This human resources certification online course will help you understand data analytics, collection, and storage.
In Employee Selection, you will learn how to effectively screen and hire the best candidate from large pools of qualified candidates. You will learn how to conduct an effective interview, avoid discriminatory questions and implement background checks and testing (if applicable).
The Equal Employment Opportunity course will cover Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), employment laws and anti-discriminatory regulations that you need to be aware of while hiring, promoting and terminating employees.
Our Performance Management course will help you establish an effective performance management system to ensure that employees are doing their jobs properly and are treated equally. You'll learn how coaching techniques, rating scales and evaluation tools can help you ensure your company reaches its goals through effective performance management.
Lastly, Talent Management and Career Development covers the importance of retaining and developing employees through training and development opportunities. You will learn some of the techniques and tools companies are currently using to assist in talent management and career development.
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Compensation and Benefits
- Data and Human Resource Management
- Employee Selection
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Training
- Performance Management
- Talent Management and Career Development
To enroll 10 or more employees in Certificate in Human Resource Management, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing the Certificate in Human Resource Management you should be able to:
- Comply with relevant state and federal compensation laws.
- Recruit and hire better talent.
- Explain the major employment and anti-discrimination laws.
- Effectively handle discrimination complaints.
- Identify the key roles and responsibilities of Human Resources within an organization.
- Establish an effective performance management system to ensure team unity & productivity.
- Utilize effective talent management and career development techniques and resources.
The Human Resources Certificate Program is designed for adult learners interested in understanding Human Resource Management responsibilities and issues.
- Certificate Fee: $399.00
- Course Credit: 2.1 CEUs | 17.0 HRCI Credits | 14.0 SHRM Credits
- Number of Courses: 7
- Course Format: Self-paced online certificate program
- Completion Time: 3 - 5 hours per course
- Access: 365 days
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Online, self-paced courses
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU/HRCI/SHRM Certificate
Access Time: You get full access to Introduction to Human Resource Management, Compensation and Benefits, Data and Human Resource Management, Employee Selection, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Training, Performance Management, and Talent Management and Career Development, for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this certificate program is 3 - 5 hours per course. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our certificate programs.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete each certificate course. Upon successful completion of all of the certificate courses, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs, HRCI Credits, and/or SHRM Credits instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.