Introduction to Marketing introduces you to the basics of marketing and market planning. It explains the importance of the Four P's: product, price, promotion and placement and their role in defining your market mix. You'll learn the strategic importance of marketing and how it can help create a solid customer relationship. This course uses online diagrams and examples to teach you marketing concepts such as target market and satisfying customer needs better than competition.
- What is Marketing?
- Marketing Process
- Marketing Mix and the Four P's
- Marketing and Strategy
- Customer Value, Customer Satisfaction, and Loyalty
- Marketing Ethics
To enroll 10 or more employees in An Overview of Marketing, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing An Overview of Marketing you should be able to:
- Define marketing and the marketing concept.
- Understand the marketing process.
- Explain the uses of the marketing mix (Four P's).
- Explore the relationship between marketing and strategic planning.
- Understand customer value, customer satisfaction, and loyalty.
- Discuss the role of ethics in marketing.
This course is intended for adult learners without marketing experience.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.5 CEUs | 5.0 PDUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU and/or PDU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to An Overview of Marketing for 90 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete An Overview of Marketing. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs and/or PDUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac OS X Operating System
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) - Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.