Experienced negotiators always have the upper hand, but effective negotiation skills must be learned. Effective Negotiations will teach you negotiation techniques, how to prepare for a successful negotiation, identify potential challenges, and apply effective negotiation tactics in the real world. The course will also cover behaviors that can pose challenges to negotiation and how to exert and gain power during negotiations.
- Defining Negotiation
- Principled Negotiation
- Distributive Negotiation
- Integrative Negotiation
- Mixed Motive Negotiation
- Best Alternative to No Agreement (BATNA)
- Reservation Price and Zone of Possible Agreement (ZOPA)
- Negotiation Strategy and Planning
- Finding and Using Negotiation Power
- Overcoming Negotiation Challenges
To enroll 10 or more employees in Introduction to Negotiations, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Introduction to Negotiations you should be able to:
- Define negotiation.
- Explain the differences between principled, distributive, integrative, and mixed motive negotiation.
- Discuss BATNA and its impact on negotiation.
- Describe reservation price and ZOPA and how they relate to one another.
- Plan for a successful negotiation.
- Explain how to find and use power during a negotiation.
- Identify behaviors that can pose challenges to a negotiation.
- Apply the concepts of negotiation to two real-world scenarios.
This course is designed for adult learners looking to improve their negotiating skills.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 - 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.3 CEUs | 3.0 HRCI Credits
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- HRCI and/or CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Introduction to Negotiations for 90 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 - 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Introduction to Negotiations. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs and/or HRCI Credits instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac OS X Operating System
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) - Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.