Coaching is an extremely valuable skill that can separate an average team from an excellent team. How to Coach will help you develop your coaching skills, enabling you to develop your staff and reinforce positive employee performance. Your team's attitude, skill set, and productivity can improve with a little coaching. Our course will cover determining coachability, active listening, goal setting, effective feedback, and more.
- The Value of Coaching
- Coaching Techniques
- The Coaching Process
- Determining Coachability
- Identifying Challenges and Opportunities
- Active Listening
- Planning and Goal Setting
- Active Coaching and Feedback
- The USED Model of Coaching
- The GROW Model
- Monitoring and Follow-up
- Mentoring and Career Development
To enroll 10 or more employees in How to Coach, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing How to Coach you should be able to:
- Explain why coaching employees is a vital part of managing in an organization.
- Distinguish between managerial coaching, executive coaching, and personal coaching.
- Identify the triggers for coaching and recognize characteristics of coachability.
- Describe the five-step coaching process.
- Explain the SMART technique of goal setting.
- Explain the use of the USED and GROW models in coaching.
- Discuss the monitoring and follow-up coaching process.
- Explain the differences between mentoring and coaching.
This course is designed for adult learners and/or managers in any industry.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 - 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.3 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to How to Coach for 90 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 - 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete How to Coach. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer 11
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.