A manager's role in an organization is crucial yet complex. Managing in a Moden Organization will cover important questions like, "What do managers do?," "How can managers empower their employees?" and "What is my managerial approach?" Our course is based on D. Quinn Mill's book, Principles of Management, a text used at Harvard Business School. You will learn about various management styles and how you can successfully manage your team while facing changing organizational needs.
- Leadership, Management, and Administration
- Attitudes Toward Hierarchy
- Drucker's Five Managerial Activities
- Managers and Individual Contributors
- Management Resources
- Three Management Styles
- Managerial Tips from Google
- Your Management Approach
To enroll 10 or more employees in Managing in a Modern Organization, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Managing in a Modern Organization you should be able to:
- Define a manager's role in an organization.
- Distinguish between management, leadership, and administration theory and practice.
- Explain the three general management styles (authoritarian, participative, and empowerment) and their respective uses.
- Identify your views on hierarchy and management.
- Discuss the roles of individual contributors and managers.
- Identify your own approach toward managing (including personal effectiveness and enjoyment).
This course is designed for adult learners and/or managers of any industry.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 - 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.5 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Managing in a Modern Organization for 90 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 - 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Managing in a Modern Organization. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.