Time Value of Money and Risk is an online business class that teaches you the time value of money and the basics of risk and return. You will learn about portfolio investing, financial diversification, and how to calculate rates of return. Learn how to calculate risk and reward with simple financial formulas.
- Understanding Time Lines
- Calculating Future and Present Values
- Annuities and Perpetuities
- Cash Flow Possibilities
- Interest Rates and the Power of Compound Interest
- Types of Risk
- Investments and Variability of Return
- Risk and Investment Decisions
- Diversification and Risk
To enroll 10 or more employees in Time Value of Money and Risk, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Time Value of Money and Risk you should be able to:
- Distinguish between points in time and periods of time as shown by a time line.
- Define compounding value and discounting value.
- Compute future value or present value for single payment amounts.
- Distinguish between single payments and streams of payments and between uneven streams and annuities.
- Solve for interest rate or time period for simple present value and future value problems.
- Define risk and how it influences investment decisions.
- Calculate risk and rates of return.
- Describe how diversification and a portfolio can limit risk.
Time Value of Money and Risk is designed for adult learners making investment decisions and tracking cash flow.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 - 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.3 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Time Value of Money and Risk for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Finance Essentials. Certificate Program students get access to Financial Planning and Control, How to Read a Financial Statement, Introduction to Business Statistics, Introduction to Finance, Time Value of Money and Risk, and Understanding and Managing Budgets for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 - 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Time Value of Money and Risk. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac OS X Operating System
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) - Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.