Introduction to Finance is an online business class designed to teach you the basic principles of finance. You will learn financial functions, asset management, and the impact of finance business decision making. Discover different business organization models and their corporate financing structure through examples, exercises and selected readings from CFO and Forbes.
- Types of Business Organizations
- Wealth and Profile Maximization
- Business Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Agency Relationships
- Five Principles of Financial Management
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Financing and Operations Growth
- The Stock Market
- Interest Rates and Required Rates of Return
To enroll 10 or more employees in Introduction to Finance, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Introduction to Finance you should be able to:
- Identify three common types of business organizations and their structure.
- State the differences between wealth and profit maximization.
- Recognize the impact of social and ethical responsibility on business.
- Describe the structure and functions of the finance department in an organization.
- Define the principal-agent relationship and strategies for overcoming conflicts of interest.
- Define five key principles that form the foundation of financial management.
- Identify the sources, rules, and life-cycle stages of corporate financing.
- Describe the function of the stock market and its three trading venues.
- Recognize interest rate determination and the impact of interest on an organization.
This online finance class is designed for non-financial managers who need to be familiar with their role in financial decisions in an organization.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 - 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.3 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Introduction to Finance for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Finance Essentials. Certificate Program students get access to Financial Planning and Control, How to Read a Financial Statement, Introduction to Business Statistics, Introduction to Finance, Time Value of Money and Risk, and Understanding and Managing Budgets for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 - 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Introduction to Finance. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) - Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.