How to Read a Financial Statement is our online financial statement training course to help you understand accounting concepts. Learn about reading financial statements and how to interpret them and handle finances in a managerial role. Work through financial examples for balance sheets, cash flows, income statements, shareholder equity, etc. Use your new accounting skills for performance measures and decision making.
- Annual Reports and Financial Statement Training
- Balance Sheet
- Income Statement
- Retained Earnings and Statement of Cash Flow
- Financial Ratios
To enroll 10 or more employees in How to Read a Financial Statement, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing How to Read a Financial Statement you should be able to:
- Identify and describe the financial documents and statements in an organization's financial report.
- Itemize and interpret the income statement, balance sheet, statement of changes in shareholder equity, and statement of cash flows.
- State the impact of business activities on cash flow.
- Define financial ratio analysis and its objectives and limitations.
- Identify financial ratios and perform calculations.
This course is intended for non-financial managers who use financial reports and statements to manage a business.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 - 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.3 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to How to Read a Financial Statement for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Finance Essentials. Certificate Program students get access to Financial Planning and Control, How to Read a Financial Statement, Introduction to Business Statistics, Introduction to Finance, Time Value of Money and Risk, and Understanding and Managing Budgets for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 - 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete How to Read a Financial Statement. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer 11
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.