CSS for Web Design introduces learners to cascading style sheets used to style and control elements on a webpage. Explore the language of CSS and use its elements to create the look and feel of the webpages you present to your users.
- What is CSS?
- CSS Syntax
- Classes and IDs
- Sizes, Fonts and Styles
- The Box Model
- Margins, Padding, Borders
- Float and Clear
- Styling Navigation
- Flexbox Layouts
- Creative Effects and Variations in Web Browsers
To enroll 10 or more employees, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing CSS for Web Design you should be able to:
- List selectors and declarations available to use in CSS rules.
- Create an external style sheet.
- Identify syntax for varying elements on a webpage.
- Explain the Box Model and arrange elements on a webpage.
- Create a responsive layout using Flexbox.
This course is intended for professionals who need an introduction to CSS (cascading style sheets).
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.3 CEUs | 3.0 SHRMs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- Print certificate instantly
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete the course. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer 11
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.