Introduction to Web Design is designed to guide learners through web designing principles for creating a pleasing visual layout and an optimal user experience. You will learn about content and information strategy and design elements that will help you launch a website to effectively reach your end users.
- Internet versus World Wide Web
- History of Web Design
- The Web Standards Project
- Designing Content and Content Strategy
- Information Architecture
- User Experience and Interface Design
- Common Website Layouts and Design Elements
- Launching a Website
To enroll 10 or more employees, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Introduction to Web Design you should be able to:
- List two barriers for The Web Standards Project overcame.
- Explain information architecture and how to use it in web design.
- Identify best practices for creating a user interface.
This course is intended for professionals who need to develop web designing skills.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.3 CEUs | 3.0 SHRMs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- Print certificate instantly
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete the course. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer 11
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.