Effective communication is a key element for any leadership role. Nonverbal communication impacts how a leader's message is received. Body Language for Leaders helps leaders read nonverbal cues and use body language to help deliver a clear message when communicating with others.
- What Is Leadership?
- Reading Body Language
- Showing Empathy and Charisma through Nonverbal Communication
- Tips for Active Listening
- Body Language and Negotiating
- Gender, Culture, and Body Language
- Virtual Communication
To enroll 10 or more employees in Body Language for Leaders, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Body Language for Leaders you should be able to:
- Identify the essential skills of leadership.
- Explain how body language impacts message delivery.
- List several basic nonverbal communication cues.
- List five tips for improving active listening skills.
- Describe how to use body language for effective negotiation.
This course is intended for leaders who want to deliver clear messages.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.3 CEUs | 3.0 PDUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- PDU and/or CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Body Language for Leaders for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Leadership. Certificate Program students get access to Body Language for Leaders, Introduction to Leadership, Leaders and Work-Life Balance, Leading and Managing Change, and Leading Teams for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Body Language for Leaders. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs and/or PDUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) - Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.