This course provides a foundation for principles to major subjects in accounting and finance. For those individuals involved in starting a new business the course explains what are the basics of business financial accounting that covers Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). GAAP refers to the standard framework of guidelines for financial accounting used in building financial statements that are important in your daily business activities. Also covered in this training course are very important key financial issues such as recording and summarizing any business income and expenses, assets, and liabilities that are involved with operating a successful business.
- GAAP: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Accounting Terminology
- Double-Entry Accounting
- Balance of Accounts
- The Accounting Cycle
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Financial Planning
- Pricing Strategies
- Fixed vs.Variable Costs
- Tracking and Performance
- Break-Even Analysis
- Pro Forma Financial Statements
- Evaluating New Ventures
To enroll 10 or more employees in Accounting & Finance for Entrepreneurs, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Accounting & Finance for Entrepreneurs you should be able to:
- State the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- State two rules of double-entry accounting.
- Describe the accounting cycle.
- Explain the relationship between financial statements.
- Outline two principles of financial planning and budgets.
- Demonstrate how to calculate a master budget.
- Define a pro forma financial statement.
- Perform a break-even analysis.
- Define return on investment and payback period.
This course is designed for adult learners interested in gaining a basic understanding business financial accounting involved in free enterprise.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $129.00
- Course Credit: 0.5 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Accounting & Finance for Entrepreneurs for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Entrepreneurship. Certificate Program students get access to Accounting & Finance for Entrepreneurs, Business Law for Entrepreneurs, Introduction to Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Management for Entrepreneurs, and Strategic Marketing for Entrepreneurs for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Accounting & Finance for Entrepreneurs. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) - Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.