This online course covers legal concepts that impact the operation of a business entity. Business Law for Entrepreneurs is perfect for people who do not have a legal background but who need to understand legal considerations involved with starting new ventures. Learn about business structures, intellectual property, patents, copyrights, employment law, forming contracts, taxes and a lot more.
- Legal Issues and the Entrepreneurial Process
- Legal Structures of Businesses and Organizations
- Sole Proprietorship, Partnerships, Corporations and Franchises
- Intellectual Property Rights and Patents
- Copyrights, Trademarks and Trade Secrets
- Government Regulations
- Property and Ownership Issues
To enroll 10 or more employees in Business Law for Entrepreneurs, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Business Law for Entrepreneurs you should be able to:
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of sole proprietorships, partnerships, limited partnerships, corporations, s corporations, limited liability partnerships and limited liability companies.
- Explain the differences between intellectual property rights, copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets.
- List the three main types of franchises.
- List the four legal elements involved in forming a contract.
- Explain the differences between express, implied and quasi contracts.
- Describe the legal aspects of personal property versus real property.
- Summarize the employer's responsibilities in regards to taxation.
This course is designed for those who need a basic understanding of the legal aspects involved in starting new businesses.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $129.00
- Course Credit: 0.5 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Business Law for Entrepreneurs for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Entrepreneurship. Certificate Program students get access to Accounting & Finance for Entrepreneurs, Business Law for Entrepreneurs, Introduction to Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Management for Entrepreneurs, and Strategic Marketing for Entrepreneurs for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Business Law for Entrepreneurs. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac OS X Operating System
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) - Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.