What are the characteristics of a successful entrepreneur? What are the stages of the entrepreneurial process? This Introduction to Entrepreneurship course answers these questions and more. You'll learn how to evaluate a market for a new venture; how to structure and fund an entrepreneurial venture and how to develop an operational and financial plan. You'll get an excellent overview of the issues and activities an entrepreneur faces in developing and launching a new business venture.
- Myths about Entrepreneurship
- Success Factors for Entrepreneurs
- The Entrepreneurial Process
- Stage One: Discovery
- Stage Two: Evaluating the Market
- Stage Three: Structuring the Venture
- Stage Four: Strategy
- Stage Five: Operational & Financial Planning
- Stage Six: Creating the Business Plan
- Stage Seven: Funding the Venture
- Stage Eight: Implementation
- Commercialization Strategies
- Entrepreneurs & Business Ethics
To enroll 10 or more employees in Introduction to Entrepreneurship, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Introduction to Entrepreneurship you should be able to:
- Describe the characteristics often found in successful entrepreneurs.
- Define the eight stages of the entrepreneurial process.
- Explain how to evaluate a market for a new venture.
- Describe an entrepreneur's strategic planning process.
- Define the operational and financial planning required for a new venture.
- Discuss how to develop and execute a business plan for a new business.
- Explore funding options for a new business venture.
- Discuss the ethical issues faced by entrepreneurs.
This course is designed for new and would-be entrepreneurs interested in gaining an overview of the challenges involved with starting a business.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $129.00
- Course Credit: 0.5 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Introduction to Entrepreneurship for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Entrepreneurship. Certificate Program students get access to Accounting & Finance for Entrepreneurs, Business Law for Entrepreneurs, Introduction to Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Management for Entrepreneurs, and Strategic Marketing for Entrepreneurs for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Introduction to Entrepreneurship. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.