Starting and building a new business requires a leader that can lead, plan, organize, staff, and manage. Leadership & Management for Entrepreneurs explains these five key managerial activities and the skills that are required to lead and manage a successful venture. You'll learn three different management styles and models for coaching and training employees. You'll also learn the importance of being an effective leader who can balance your time and the demands of work and life.
- Management Basics for Entrepreneurs
- The Five Key Managerial Activities
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing
- Three Management Styles
- Your Attitudes Toward Hierarchy
- Staffing an Entrepreneurial Venture
- Training, Motivating and Coaching Employees
- Communicating with Employees: Active Listening
To enroll 10 or more employees in Leadership and Management for Entrepreneurs, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Leadership and Management for Entrepreneurs you should be able to:
- Define the managerial roles required for entrepreneurial success.
- Discuss the five key managerial activities.
- Describe how to manage time, organize, plan and prioritize activities.
- Discuss three management styles and when to use them.
- Discuss how to staff an entrepreneurial venture.
- Describe Katzenbach's Five Motivational Paths and how their role in a new venture.
- Explain the best process for coaching employees.
- Discuss techniques for training employees.
- Learn how to use active listening when communicating with employees.
This course is designed for adult learners interested in understanding the leadership and management challenges involved in starting a new business.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $129.00
- Course Credit: 0.5 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Leadership and Management for Entrepreneurs for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Entrepreneurship. Certificate Program students get access to Accounting & Finance for Entrepreneurs, Business Law for Entrepreneurs, Introduction to Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Management for Entrepreneurs, and Strategic Marketing for Entrepreneurs for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Leadership and Management for Entrepreneurs. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer 11
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.