Communications and Network Protocols discusses computer networking and transmission technology. It covers the OSI model and TCP/IP model and the related network layer. You will also complete exercises concerning network devices, datalink, firewall, and wireless network.
- Types of Networks and Transmissions
- OSI Model and TCP/IP Model
- Routing, Data Link, and Network Protocols
- Link Encryption and End-to-End Encryption
- Remote Access and VPN
- Network Attacks
To enroll 10 or more employees in Communication and Network Security, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Communication and Network Security you should be able to:
- Discuss the concepts of computer networking and its role in cyber security.
- Explain the differences between the OSI model and TCP/IP model.
- Identify the network layer for routing and data link.
- Compare the functions of network tools and network devices.
- Discuss the wireless network and firewall.
- Understand prevention techniques for common network attacks.
This course is intended for professionals searching for an introduction to network security.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 - 5 hours
- Prerequisites: None
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.5 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Communication and Network Security for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Cybersecurity. Certificate Program students get access to Asset Security, Communication and Network Security, Identity and Access Management, Security and Risk Management, Security Assessment and Testing, Security Engineering, Security Operations, and Software Development Security for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 - 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Communication and Network Security. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) - Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.