This Cyber Security Essentials course introduces IT professionals to cryptography and its use in security engineering. Videos and online exercises reinforce concepts of Security Essentials such as information security models, types of ciphers, authentication, and public key infrastructure. The IT cyber security course will also discuss physical security issues such as electrical problems, fire prevention, and climate control.
- Computer, System, and Security Architecture
- Cryptography and Ciphers
- Public Key Management
- Physical Security Threats
To enroll 10 or more employees in Security Engineering, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Security Engineering you should be able to:
- Explain the role of cryptography and information security essentials in the engineering process.
- Create a substitution cipher and encode/decode cleartext and ciphertext.
- Compare symmetric and asymmetric cryptography and how they enable transmission of secure data.
This course is intended for IT professionals who need an introduction to cryptography.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 - 5 hours
- Prerequisites: None
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.5 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Security Engineering for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Cybersecurity. Certificate Program students get access to Asset Security, Communication and Network Security, Identity and Access Management, Security and Risk Management, Security Assessment and Testing, Security Engineering, Security Operations, and Software Development Security for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 - 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Security Engineering. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.