Presenting your ideas in front of a crowd can be daunting if your communication skills need some improvement. Effective Presentations will help you understand the importance of effective communication and how to use PowerPoint presentations to your advantage. You will learn how to organize, structure, and create professional PowerPoint slides and deliver successful and persuasive presentations.
- Importance of Effective Communication
- The Communication Process
- Using Slides as a Visual Aid
- PowerPoint Graphics Rule of Thumb
- Creating PowerPoint Summary Slides
- Communication Checklist
- Goal-oriented Communication
- Organizing your Presentation
- Visualizing Data Effectively
- Organizing and Creating a PowerPoint Presentation
- Revising PowerPoint Presentations
- Presentation Performance Strategies
- Facing Public Speaking Anxiety
- Using Presentation Resources
To enroll 10 or more employees in Effective Presentations, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Effective Presentations you should be able to:
- Recognize what makes communication effective.
- List the elements in the communications process.
- Organize your communications and presentations.
- Follow PowerPoint graphic rules of thumb.
- Create an effective summary slide.
- Employ the four steps of purposeful communication in your presentations.
- Discuss the forecast, present, and echo structure for presentations.
- Recognize key visual considerations for PowerPoint slides and presentations.
- Organize and create clear PowerPoint presentations.
- Revise PowerPoint slides to make them more effective.
- Discuss the success factors for face-to-face presentations.
This online class is designed for those with a basic understanding of and experience with Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 4-6 hours
- Prerequisites: None
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $99.00
- Course Credit: 5.0 PDUs | 0.5 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- PDU and/or CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Effective Presentations for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Business Communications. Certificate Program students get access to Communicating Collaboratively, Effective Business Writing, Effective Emails, Memos, and Letters, Effective Presentations, and Effective Public Speaking for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 4-6 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Effective Presentations. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including PDUs and/or CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) - Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.