Effective Emails, Memos, and Letters is an online course in business communication designed to help you draft clear and concise written communication. You will learn when to use each type of communication and how to properly format business letters, emails and memos. After completing this course, you will be able to create a business letter template and use best practices when sending emails and circulating memos.
- When to Write an Email
- Parts of an Email
- Email Etiquette
- When to Write a Memo
- Parts of a Memo
- When to Write a Letter
- Parts of a Letter
To enroll 10 or more employees in Effective Emails, Memos, and Letters, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Effective Emails, Memos, and Letters you should be able to:
- Recognize when to use an email, a memo, or a letter.
- Explain how to format emails, memos, and letters to ensure effective communication.
- Explain the primary and secondary uses for the email, memo, or letter.
- Create email, memo, and letter templates using best practices.
This course is intended for individuals who want to increase their professionalism when drafting business emails, memos, and letters.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3-5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.5 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Effective Emails, Memos, and Letters for 90 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Business Communications. Certificate Program students get access to Communicating Collaboratively, Effective Business Writing, Effective Emails, Memos, and Letters, Effective Presentations, and Effective Public Speaking for 365 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3-5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Effective Emails, Memos, and Letters. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac OS X Operating System
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) - Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.