Introduction to Medical Terminology is a live instructor-led course that can be presented at your facility or via weekly webinar. We also offer an online Medical Terminology course for individuals, or organizations with employees who are, motivated by self-paced learning.
Our instructor-led Introduction to Medical Terminology course teaches basic medical terms, their meanings and how to decipher medical terms that may not be recognizable at first glance. In this course participants have plenty of chances to practice constructing complex medical terms from word roots, medical prefixes and medical suffixes. Our instructors use a variety of case studies, personal examples, anatomical terms and diagnostic procedure examples to enhance learning.
Interested in an online course?
How Long Will the Medical Terminology Course Take to Complete?
16 Hours (choice of format):
- 8 weeks - 2 hours per week
- 4 weeks - 4 hours per week
Who Will Benefit & How?
Your non-medical employees will learn to process information more quickly and accurately as they recognize and understand new medical terms. Your people will spend more time comprehending data than they do deciphering or misinterpreting that data. They will gain confidence with their new language skills.
- Higher quality, more accurate data
- Improved productivity
- Enhanced job satisfaction
- Increased interest in the organization's products and/or services
What Content is Included in This Course?
Our standard instructor-led Introduction to Medical Terminology course addresses the following topics:
- Word Building System
- Conditions, Blood, Diagnostic Procedures and Surgical Suffixes
- Oncology and the Central Nervous System
- Orthopedics, Osteopathy and Body Regions
- Pathology, Otorhinolaryngology and Related Prefixes
- Urology and Gynecology
- Neurology, Audiology, Anesthesiology and Vascular Terminology
- Psychology and Anatomy
- Prefixes of Place, Immunology and Numbers
- Prefixes of Direction, Narcotics, Mastectomy and Necrosis
- Descriptive Prefixes, Asepsis and Pharmacology
- Prefixes of Location and Medication Administration
- Respiratory System and Pulmonology
- Skeletal System, Orthopedics and Prefixes for Night, Sleep and Split
- Ophthalmology, Endocrinology and Medical Specialties
What Can I Learn When I Take This Medical Terminology Course?
- Define the meaning of word roots, suffixes and prefixes.
- Recognize and understand basic medical terms.
- Identify and decipher medical abbreviations.
- Spell and pronounce basic medical terminology.
Normally we customize the curriculum to emphasize your organizational culture and the specific needs of your participants. We find that it improves learner engagement when they're discussing items directly related to their jobs.
- $5975 plus $140 per person for textbook and materials
- Instructor travel expenses billed separately
Additional Medical Terminology Course Information
Request additional information or start the basic medical terminology course booking process by completing the form below. One of our representatives will contact you to answer all of your questions.
Corexcel is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU. Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate with CEUs.