Managing IT Projects is an online course that focuses on directing projects specific to the information technology field. You will learn project management concepts such integration management and how to meet the challenges of scope, cost, quality, risk management and procurement. You will learn how to effectively guide your IT team through the project life cycle and meet your project deadline.
Recommended material: A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
- Introduction to Project Management for Information Technology
- Project Integration Management Processes
- Project Scope Management Processes
- Project Time Management Processes
- Project Cost Management Processes
- Project Quality Management Processes
- Project Human Resource Management Processes
- Project Communications Management Processes
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
To enroll 10 or more employees in Project Management for Information Technology, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
After completing Project Management for Information Technology you should be able to:
- Apply concepts from The Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) to IT projects.
- Explain the technical processes used during the IT project life cycle.
- Describe the importance of scope control for IT projects.
- Explain the challenges associated with an IT project timeline.
- Identify different techniques for managing project schedules.
- Discuss why cost management is difficult for IT projects and describe cost estimation methods, Earned Value Management, and portfolio management.
- Explain several maturity models and how they can improve IT project quality.
- Explain various approaches for team building and IT project communication.
- Discuss how to manage different sources of IT project risk.
- Describe issues related to IT project procurement, such as outsourcing decisions and e-procurement.
This course is intended for learners who have some project management experience and are familiar with IT terminology.
- Access Time: 180 days
- Average Completion Time: 25 hours
- Prerequisites: This course assumed a working knowledge of basic project management functions and terminology.
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $499.00
- Course Credit: 25.0 PDUs | 2.5 CEUs
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- PDU and/or CEU Certificate
Access Time: You will have full access to Project Management for Information Technology for 180 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 25 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Project Management for Information Technology. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including PDUs and/or CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat - Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) - Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you're unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.