Improving relations with your manager you will improve your productivity and reduce the amount of stress in your daily job. The Communicating Up online course will help you communicate your teams' accomplishments to your manager and influence your manager on working conditions. It will also teach you to accurately interpret communication from the manager to your work team. Most people will take approximately 60 minutes to complete the course.
- Effectively Communicating Up
- Assess What You Know
- Communicating Up
- Communicating Up Skill Practice
- Enhancing Your Skills of Communicating Up
- Enter meetings with your manager with clearly stated objectives and facts that support your plans and goals.
- Work with your manager to uncover any questions or reservations he/she may have concerning your message.
- Clearly and concisely restate the decisions that result from communicating with your manager and insure that those decisions are mutually understood.
This online course is a module designed for individuals, but it can also be used as pre-work or post-work for the instructor-led version of Communicating Up. If you are interested in staff training, please visit our Communicating Up training materials page.