The Medical Terms I course is an online program designed for students beginning education or careers related to health professions. This course will introduce you to medical prefixes, suffixes, and word parts so that you can build and recognize medical terms. The terminology will be applied to body systems and their pathology and diagnostic techniques, treatments, and procedures. Through a mix of reading, vocabulary, and online exercises students will develop skills to interpret medical terms covering the following topics:
- Word Building Rules
- Whole Body Terminology
- Digestive System
- Respiratory System
- Cardiovascular System
- Blood and Lymphatic Systems
- Integumentary System
- Skeletal System
- Muscles and Joints
To present this course to your school or program, you can download the course syllabus and accreditation information.
Medical Terms I Course: $195
Medical Terms I Class Registration Options
The online Medical Terms I course registration form is below. An electronic version of the textbook is contained within the online course. The printed textbook is not required for the course but may be useful for students who want to study offline. Books may also be purchased separately at a later time if you change your mind.
Once you purchase the course you will receive an email receipt and a separate email will be sent with your log-in information. Log-in emails are generated during normal business hours 9:00 am to 5:30 pm EST Monday through Friday. * Additional shipping charges apply for purchase options that include books. Charges are calculated after adding this item to the shopping cart. - Refund Policy
Online Medical Terms I Course Registration
Medical Terms I Online Course (eBook Included): $195
- 1-Year access to the Medical Terms I online course
- 1-Year access to Comprehensive Medical Terminology eBook
- 14-Day free trial to Cengage Unlimited
- CEU certificate upon course completion
Medical Terms I Course Objectives
At the conclusion of Medical Terms I participants will be able to:
- Apply word building principles to recognize and build medical terms using their word parts.
- Identify whole body terminology in relation to body cavities; spinal segments; and regions, quadrants, and planes of the human body.
- Summarize the basic structure and function of the body systems covered in this course.
- Describe pathology, diagnoses, and procedures based on recognition of medical terms or their word parts.
- List common medical abbreviations used in pathology, diagnoses, and procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to spell and pronounce medical terms related to the body systems covered in this course.
Online course features include:
- Access to Comprehensive Medical Terminology electronic textbook
- Audio pronunciations of medical terms
- Interactive games and exercises
- Diagrams, animations, and videos
- Practice quizzes
Course Credit and Completion Time
Upon successful completion of Medical Terms I students will receive a certificate of completion for 9.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Corexcel is authorized to award CEUs by the International Association of Continuing Education and Training. Acceptance of CEUs is at the discretion of your institution. To determine if this course will meet specific school or program requirements, submit the course syllabus and accreditation information to your advisor or registrar for approval prior to enrolling.
If you have additional questions, have a group to train, would like to pay by check, or want to get started right away, call our offices at 1-302-477-9730 between 9:00 and 5:30 EST. If you prefer email, send your request through our contact form. One of our representatives will be glad to answer your medical terminology course questions.