What is Advanced Medical Terminology?
Advanced Medical Terminology builds on the knowledge gained in our popular Introduction to Medical Terminology. In five, three-hour sessions, students learn the terminology associated with the eight major body systems. Discussions focus on the treatment and etiology of the disease conditions related to each system as well as the associated clinical procedures and laboratory tests. Lecture is supplemented with audiovisuals, case studies, and learner participation.
Who in Your Organization Will Benefit?
Your non-medical employees who review and transcribe clinical data will become an integral part of the clinical research team. Employees spend more time comprehending clinical data than they do deciphering or misinterpreting clinical data.
- Accurate clinical data
- Drugs get to market faster
- Improved employee productivity
- Enhanced employee job satisfaction
- Increased employee interest in your company's products and services
Our standard instructor-led advanced medical terminology program addresses any five of the following body systems:
- Recognize advanced medical terms associated with various body systems.
- Identify surgical technology used with the various body systems.
- Recognize laboratory tests and their values associated with various body systems.
- Discuss the clinical procedures used on various body systems.
- Relate the practical applications of using medical terminology with case reports, autopsy records and x-ray reports.
Corexcel will customize the curriculum to emphasize the company's culture and specific needs of the participants.
Participants who attend all of the course sessions in their entirety, pass the post test with a 70% or better and submit a course evaluation form will be eligible to receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for this course.
Corexcel is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.