Winning Through Customer Service trains your sales and service personnel to present a professional image and to communicate effectively in everyday customer service transactions, as well as in difficult situations. The skills taught address the major concerns identified by over fifty organizations within the service industry and over 10 years of product field research. At the heart of this program is a step-by-step process for conducting a customer service transaction.
The facilitator kit provides everything necessary to administer this course with agendas for a single day or multiple-session customer service training. Training materials include:
- Instructions, facilitation notes, and script for the trainer
- CD with PowerPoint presentation and handouts
- DVD with customer service video scenarios
- Customer Service Transaction (CST) Model Wall Chart
- Skill point card with CST model and communication styles
Winning Through Customer Service Participant Workbook
The participant workbook provides further customer service training and reinforces the soft skills learned in the trainer-led sessions. The workbook includes:
- Exercises and skill practice
- Memory Jogger Card with the seminar's key skill points
Who Will Benefit from Winning Through Customer Service?
- Sales and customer service representatives
- Service managers
- Anyone who has internal and external customer contact
What Makes Winning Through Customer Service So different?
This training program was developed to do what the title suggests: Win more business through excellent customer service. This sales and service program utilizes a variety of interactive training methods to target the skills, behaviors, and attitudes that have the greatest impact on understanding the customer and providing solutions. This unique approach allows you to customize your customer service training with both classroom and Internet-based training options. We show you how by giving you the instructions you need to bridge the mix. In addition, the program includes the identification of essential behavioral/communication styles that will help your representatives understand their customers' individual styles and needs.
- Demonstrate professionalism on the job while building a proactive, problem-solving culture.
- Use essential communication skills in dealings with customers.
- Recognize characteristics of human behavioral style and opportunities to adapt to their personal style.
- Identify and utilize a structured process/model for conducting customer service transactions.
- Master strategies for dealing appropriately with difficult customer situations.
The program is a core 1.5 day program that can also be delivered in a condensed one-day version, or in three half-day sessions to accommodate your busy training schedules. An optional feature shows you how to incorporate behavior/communication style surveys to reinforce the communication portion of the program.
To focus more class time on customer-specific role plays and group discussions, the program incorporates the use of two online customer service courses as pre-work or post-work:
Module 1: Your Role as a Professional identifies characteristics associated with a professional image and examines actions which will improve each person's professional image.
Module 2: The Essential Communication Skills reviews the essential communication skills required for customer service: listening/observing, questioning, verifying, explaining, and assessing behaviors.
Module 3: The Customer Service Transaction introduces a step-by-step procedure for conducting a customer service transaction.
- Phase One: Establish a professional relationship
- Phase Two: Identify how to help the customer
- Phase Three: Provide the required assistance
- Phase Four: Complete the transaction and follow up
Module 4: Dealing with Difficult Customer Situations examines how communication skills and customer service transaction procedures are incorporated and applied when dealing with difficult customer situations.
- Video vignettes that follow customer transactions through the following environments: manufacturing, transportation, call center, and hotel/convention center
- Video of real-life customer service representatives addressing significant issues in: retail, transportation, hospitality, banking, and call centers
- Skill development and transfer exercises
- Group discussion and role play
During this online course, you will learn the guidelines for delivering customer focused service. You will focus on understanding your role as a professional, the essential skills of communication, and a four-step customer service model.
Your role as a customer service professional offers many rewards and satisfactions, but there are many frustrations inherent in the job. This online course will teach you how to deal with difficult customers. You will learn calming and focusing techniques for working through these situations.
Winning Through Customer Service is designed to be administered by one of your trainers or line managers. It includes all of the materials needed to conduct a successful customer service training. Since there are many options built-into this program, we can answer any questions you may have on how to implement or customize the course in a way that is right for your specific needs. If you are interested in a train-the-trainer session to familiarize and certify your trainers on this program, please contact us using the information below.
Please call 1-888-658-6641 in the U.S., 1-302-477-9730 outside of the U.S. or use our contact form for more information.